Whereas the AAPAM Gold Medal is an award for Individual achievement, the Innovative Management Award is to recognize organizational/institutional achievement. It is intended to encourage creative managerial initiatives in Public Administration and Management in Africa. Entries’ are judged by a jury on five categories: Innovation, Relevance, Significance, Sustainability and Replication.
It is awarded annually and usually currently supported by willing donors, organizations and individuals:
Innovative Management Award Past Winners (Gold Medal)
- Zambia - Ministry of Chiefs and Traditional Affairs' (MOCTA), “Ending Child Marriage”, 2019.
- Egypt – Ministry of Planning, Monitoring and Administrative Reform, “Egyptian Birth and Death Registration System (EBDRS)”, (2018).
- Rwanda – Judiciary of Rwanda, ‘Fostering Justice Delivery at Local Level in Rwanda’, (2017).
- Kenya – Ministry of State for Defence, “Diesel Powered DEFTEC Made Mobile Field Kitchen (DMMFK)”, (2012).
- South Africa- Independent Electoral Commission (IEC), "Result Slip Scanning Project" (2011).
- Tanzania- Tanzania Revenue Authority, Planning and Modernization Programme Unit, “Integration of TRA Operations”, (2010).
- Rwanda- Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration, National Security Services, “Online Visa Entry”, (2009).
- Tanzania- Tanzania Investment Centre, -“Investment Document, Facilitation Records Management Systems”, (2008).
- South Africa -South African Police Service- “Community Service Centre”, (2007).